Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blogging and SETI

SETI, the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence, our lonely planet listening for some little planet friend to say hello, is not unlike blogging. It's rare for someone to blog only to post drooling maniacal rants day after day without caring about anyone listening. Not that I expected a big audience when I started this. Not me, no siree. It was more a way to ease into html and to share an electronic journal that some friends and family (that includes cousins) could read. Uh huh, that right. Ever hear about Statcounter? You can track your hits if you're the type that cares. Who is that person from Turkey who peeks in? And why all the traffic from Colorado? Somebody in Slovenia? Why why why?? Duluth checks in periodically but I'm pretty sure I know who that is. In any case, I shouldn't care about the fluctuations in my very very small readership but I do. Most hits occur in the middle of the week. How come? How do I attract a wider audience? Should I be more wacky and less engineery? Or can they be the same thing? Dammit! My ego. I ... must ... resist ..egotism. So readers, what do you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Matterhorn1959 said...

Hello from Colorado. I discovered your blog from your daughters great blog. And now I can't resist reading what you write, and also my wife now loves reading about your thoughts. After a long day at work, you make both of us laugh and think. Thanks.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous cuzzin said...

ed,
i love your blog. it's like a mic linked to your unconscious. ;->

8:29 AM  
Anonymous chickennuggets said...

my first day on your blog mister Ito, and i love it like i love Christmas Ham!

PS: i really like Christmas Ham.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Steph said...

Hello from Duluth! Unless there's someone else tuning in from here, you don't actually know who this is reading your blog. I am Alex K.'s friend Steph and I found your blog via Elizabeth's. Such a tenuous connection makes it a little odd, but what the heck. Fun is fun.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home