Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Good, the Bad, the Utterly Boring


After Angelo's magical pawnshop, a visit from my Japanese relatives, and a story about blowing up my face, hearing about my workplace must seem like a letdown. It is to me, anyway. But here it is. To anyone in Huntington Beach this will look familiar. It is Boeing. The Naval Weapons Depot is behind the building storing god-knows-what in bunkers that resemble indian burial mounds. To be entirely truthful, this is only the most prominent building on the company grounds. I actually work in a building near it that looks like the picture on the right if you look beyond the cars. If you've been in this business as long as I've been, you'll notice that there are windows, a luxury that was considered a security risk for the first twenty five years of my career. Now we can watch the world pass us by. Whoopeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home